BPO industry that grows at high double-digit rates for two decades; provides massive foreign exchange gains; generates direct employment at levels way above the per capita income; catalyses the creation of four times the jobs in other industries (Source: Nasscom Strategic Review, 2007); becomes the basis for development of new suburbs and cities; spurs migration of people from smaller towns in huge numbers; and, in short, lifts an entire economy.
Finished college and planning to join a BPO? BPO jobs in fresh graduates, post graduates and final year students very popular. The most important thing about BPO jobs, they give very handsome salary, from this money students can peruse their further studies, improve themselves by academic, professional courses something like this, if not then they save the money for their future etc.
BPO is offering jobs in large numbers. Moreover, it’s hard to get the pink slip if you are working for the BPOs. If employees don’t perform well, they are simply shifted to a different process or sent back for retraining.
Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of joining the BPO sector as a career.
Ten reasons why you should join a BPO
1. One can earn a quick buck and lots of it. The companies provide excellent remuneration packages compared to other industries.
2. No technical qualification required but if you have then it would help you understand the technical part of process quickly.
3. No investment needed to upgrade you unlike many other professions.
4. One’s communication skills can be greatly improved. Many shysters end up as articulate dudes. The call centers run Personality Development Programmers free of cost along with regular voice & accent training.
5. You can actually imbibe a lot of knowledge depending on the industry you are working for, i.e. insurance, finance, accounting, telecoms, auto, computer hardware etc. The companies also provide international certifications for the industry trainings.
6. You may be made to undergo the six-sigma and other quality control programmers hugely in demand in the corporate world.
7. You get good food for free and lots of recreational activities like gym, swimming pool, billiards, Internet for free. Also, one gets free home pick up and drops in AC cabs.
8. The work environment of most of the international call centers is truly world class. Also, most of the international BPO firms insure their employees for free. Plus, there are parties and get together at excellent hotels and discs on weekends all paid by the company. Camping tours are also arranged by the companies at hill resorts.
9.There are open feedback sessions during training which help you to know your strengths and weaknesses. You also learn team building skills and management.
10. Working in a BPO also helps while applying for a Visa to a foreign country. It gives you added points and helps if you are planning to immigrate as you are already familiar with their culture.